The Business Analyst graduate will be employed on a graduate programme to advance their skills in Analytics as the person chosen will have this as their primary interest.
The Business Analyst graduate will go through a robust training and upskilling process whilst being exposed to creating basic and complex reporting, under supervision. They will be working under the guidance of an experienced analyst.
This person would be exposed to the various departments within BEX in order to gain insights on the collaborative work required within the division. The second level exposure would be to the commercial business in a phased approach to align with the business support aspect of this role and understand where the role fits in within the organisation.
As a graduate you will be exposed to the following:
- Spending time with marketing- a week in each division, will be arranged with relevant head
- Basic business analytics – look at interactions within Business Excellence and how the various teams fit in and collaborate
- Training on data sets and requirements to complete basic and complex data extracts
- Gain an understanding of source data and model integration
- Meeting with external departments involved
- Exposure to the Business Intelligence department to understand how data is incorporated into useful models for the business
- Assisting with work tasks whilst learning
- Accompanying and attending meetings with stakeholders
- Generating simple reports
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, such as Excel and PowerPoint
- Basic skills in effective communication verbally and in writing with diverse groups including business associates, technical associates.
- The ability to interact with colleagues.
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Matric/ Grade 12
- Must have a completed relevant Degree in Engineering /B.Com /B.Business Science /BSc. Computer Science
Aspen is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and suitably qualified job applicants are invited to submit their CV online on or before the 18 January 2022. Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups through a fair recruitment and selection process in accordance with laws governing employment equity, where such laws are applicable to the Aspen entity that will employ the successful candidate. If you have not heard from the HR department within 30 days of this advert closing, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Internal Applications must be completed using an Aspen mailing address after applicants have had informed their direct line managers of their application.